Monday, January 18, 2010

Chilli Chicken

Hello everyone

Hope u had wonderful new year.... I was busy with other things in life..its been long time since my last post..lots of things to catchup from fellow blogger sites...

My recipe is all about indianised version of Chili chicken. It goes very well schewan fried rice!!!




Ingredients:

1 lb Boneless chicken
8 Red chillies (slit it sideways)
1 onion (Cut to bite size or dice it)
1/2 tbsp pepper powder (Adjust to taste)
1 egg
2" ginger chopped to fine pieces
10 garlic flakes chopped to fine pieces
Cashew nuts
1 tbsp & 2 tsp corn flour
salt
oil
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp chili garlic paste
Dry sherry (optional)
Chicken broth (optional)


Preparation:

Marinate chicken with 1 tbsp cornflour, salt pepper and egg. Mix it and leave for 30 mts. Deep fry until chicken is almost cooked say 75%. Remove from heat and reserve.

Heat oil in a pan. Add red chillies fry till the oil turn almost brown. Add Ginger and garlic and fry for few mts. Add diced onion and cashew nuts, fry till translucent. Add pepper powder, soy sauce and chili garlic paste. saute for couple of mts. Add 1 cup of water or 1 cup of water with 1/4 cup of dry sherry. Bring to boil. Add fried chicken and cook for 5 mts. Meanwhile, mix the remaining cornflour with half cup of water. Add this mixture to the gravy. cook till the mixture is thickened. Remove from heat..Serve hot with Fried rice...


8 comments:

FH

Slupr! My fave Chinese Garlic Chilli chicken, kooks perfect! :)

Doña Masita

Dear Ashwini, I was mouthwatering as I was reading your recipe... it's delicious!!! Congratulations!! I leave you here a link to my website: http://www.donamasita.com/en/ because I'm 100% sure you could make a lot spicier the recipes!!

Best Regards
Doña Masita

Soma Pradhan

Indo chicnese recipes are always my fav

Priya Suresh

Slurppp!!tempting chilli chicken..

gtyuk

chilly chicken looks delicious Ashwini!!

must be a great combination with the fried rice you've posted previously!!

Finla

Chillie chicken is one of my favourite way of eating chicken.

Ash

Hey Ashwini,

Long time no c nor hear.... But sure u r back with a gr8 recipe.. I love my forever love chilli chicken.... The more I find recipes to slurp on, the more I am addicted to it.... But really yum!!!! The look, the feel , the texture.... every single thing about it is awesome.... presentation & the click too... making it so tempting..... Saved it for my future chicken encounter...

Have a gr8 year ahead....

Ash...
(http://asha-oceanichope.blogspot.com/)

Ramya Vijaykumar

Take your time Ashwini, chicken looks very saucy and spicy too!!

Ashwini's Spicy Cuisine   © 2008. Template Recipes by Emporium Digital

TOP